Would You Rather Listen to the Lesson?
Continuous Functions have:
Discontinuous Functions are:
There are 3 types of Discontinuous Functions:
- Infinite Discontinuity (Asymptotes)
- Jump Discontinuity (Line Disconnects and then Reconnects at a different y value)
- Removable Discontinuity (Open Circle to Represent a whole in the Graph)
- How a function behaves at either end of the graph
- What happens to the value of f(x) as x increases or decreases without bound
Where is the graph going as it approaches something?
- We can't always get an exact answer but we can always tell where it is going?
- For a GREAT INTRO LESSON ON LIMITS check this lesson out: https://geometrycoach.com/lesson-for-the-first-day-of-geometry-class/
- Limits can be mind blowing sometimes. With the activity above students will walk half way to a wall repeatedly until they reach the wall. The problem is they should never reach the wall. Welcome to Limits!
Here is your FREE content for this lesson!
Continuity, End Behavior, and Limits Worksheets - PDFs
1-3 Guided Notes Teacher Edition (Members Only)
1-3 Lesson Plan (Members Only)
1-3 Online Activities (Members Only)
1-3 Video Lesson (Members Only)
Word Docs & PowerPoints
To gain access to our editable content Join the Pre-Calculus Teacher Community!
Here you will find hundreds of lessons, a community of teachers for support, and materials that are always up to date with the latest standards.
Want access to everything?
Looking for more Great PreCalculus Resources?
Freebie Pre-Requisite Resources for this Lesson:
- Properties of Real Numbers – The Importance of Differentiating Directions in Algebra
- Transforming Parabolas – The Angry Birds Project
- The Nightmare of Exploring Conic Sections
- Area Under a Curve – Is your Umbrella Big Enough?
- The Distributive Property – Cupcakes and Algebra
- How to Teach Patterns and Linear Functions
- Rate of Change and Slope – Ski Through Algebra!
- Factoring to Solve Quadratic Equations – Know Your Roots
- Hybrid Flipped Classroom Model
- Ratios and Proportions – Bad Teacher!