Would You Rather Listen to the Lesson?
Start your Right Triangle Trigonometry lesson with the YouTube video linked below. It is based on Will Smith’s rap song ‘Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It,’ entitled, ‘Get Triggy Wit It.’
It may not have a lot of trigonometry content, but it does introduce sine, cosine, and tangent and how they relate to a right triangle.
If you’re brave, allow your students to get up and dance with the video (always comical) and if you’re a really cool teacher will dance along also! 😉
We offer many freebie lessons and resources on Right Triangles and Trig! Here are some of our most popular…
- The Pythagorean Theorem – Like You’ve Never Seen It Before!
- Holiday Algebra 2 – Trig Activities
- Angles and the Unit Circle – Time to Eat!
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Christmas Trigonometry Worksheets
- Special Right Triangles – The Foundation of Everything Trig
- Pythagorean Theorem – NFL and Geometry
- Unit Circle Hand Trick
YouTube Video Link:
Here is your FREE content for this lesson!
Right Triangle Trigonometry – PDFs
4-1 Guided Notes Teacher Edition (Members Only)
4-1 Lesson Plan (Members Only)
4-1 Online Activities (Members Only)
4-1 Video Lesson (Members Only)
Right Triangle Trigonometry Word Docs & PowerPoints
To gain access to our editable content Join the Pre-Calculus Teacher Community!
Here you will find hundreds of lessons, a community of teachers for support, and materials that are always up to date with the latest standards.
Want access to everything?
Freebie Pre-Requisite Resources for this Lesson:
- Properties of Real Numbers – The Importance of Differentiating Directions in Algebra
- Factoring to Solve Quadratic Equations – Know Your Roots
- Hybrid Flipped Classroom Model
- Irrational Numbers – K.I.S.S.
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions – Cut the Cheese